Friday, March 21, 2014

Read, Write, Live: pieces of advice

I remember in elementary I would go to the school library during recess and lunch break to pick up a book. I would find any book that interests me as long as they have animated pictures and drawings; among them are Moby Dick, Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and some Walt Disney books.




In high school I would dig from Hardy Boys to Readers Digest condensed books. This had stopped during the college years because of some other things that I got interested in.

When I came back to a public library in Cebu a few years ago I thought, “I missed this place.” There were only a few people inside, students and oldsters who still have the zest to read what they can get. The abandonment of the library makes me feel regretful sometimes; books that accumulated dusts on shelves waiting to be read.

Read anything you can lay your hands on

I wished I could read all the books. But with so many of them and so little time how can you possibly read them all. My insatiable thirst for knowledge and wisdom is so great that I asked the librarian if I could borrow books here from time to time. She said I would need a membership fee and some processes to take. I didn't have time to do so.

Reading for me is as important as food. I can’t live without reading a single book in a day, or at least a few pages. But since the great popularity of the Internet technology, the printed pages of books had become to fade away. I myself have influenced from it. I would read just about anything I can find from the Google. This is because I do business from the Net. I have five blogs and I write for other websites.

But regardless of the fast evolution of the technology these days, it is still very important to read. Read whether these are books, good blogs, newspapers or magazines. I can assure you that when you read anything you can lay your hands on, you will begin to have fun and learn many things. And for this, you will be encouraged to write.

Write with all your might

Writing is one of the best things that could happen to you. Write about your good thoughts, your opinions, your sentiments about your life and the world. Share them. Just about anything you can think of just put it on paper, and then you can run your fingers on the keyboard.

Writing is something that could change on how you see yourself with the world. It boosts your self-esteem and broadens your mind. Mario Puzo had once said, “Writing has such power upon the material things in life. It shields you against everyday poverty and other integrating force.” When you write you forget the things that satisfy your desires.

Writing is something you do to make you more human, how to live as human. You just have to love what you are writing. Just find a time and surely it will be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment